In order for the Embassy to smoothly assess applications, it is essential that applicants submit all of the required supporting documentation together with a completed and signed visa application form. There are some general requirements for all types of visits and some additional requirement depending on the purpose of the visit.
It is essential that applicant present all of the required documentation.
All types of visits, general requirements:
- Application form (2 signed copies) with 1 (one) passport photo of the applicant on white or light coloured background.
- National passport of the applicant, with at least 2 (two) blank pages, valid for minimum 3 (three) months after expiry of visa. Passport must have been issued within the past 10 (ten) years.
- Photocopy of the data page of current passport together with copies of previously issued visas.
- Previous passports held by applicant even if expired.
- Proof that applicant holds a travel insurance policy to cover possible expenses in connection with a return for health reasons or death, indispensable medical treatment or acute hospitalisation during the visit. The insurance policy must cover all Schengen countries, and the minimum policy coverage is EUR 30,000. The insurance policy must be valid for the same period as the visa. The validity of the visa may be shortened if the insurance policy does not cover the entire period.
- Invitation or other documentation for the purpose of the journey (signed original + 1 copy)
- Airline booking (it is recommended that applicant do not buy tickets until a decision is received)
- Evidence of accommodation in host country, e.g. invitation, hotel reservations, or a lease agreement.
- Proof of financial means or evidence of maintenance in host country (original up to date bank statements of the last 3 months + 1 copy). If the applicant is sponsored by others than a host in Schengen, the sponsor must provide salary slips or bank statements.
- Proof of social and economic ties with Ghana. The Embassy will require documentation in the form of marriage certificate, birth certificates of any children,
employment contract, leave letter from employer, school, or other educational institution authorizing applicant’s absence and reinstatement upon return, pay slips for the last 3 (three) months, personal bank statement for the last 3 (three) months or proof of economic situation if self-employed, i.e. business registration, company’s bank statement, other business papers (originals + 1 copy)
Additional requirements for business visits
Additional requirements for cultural, sports or scientific visits
Additional requirements for private and tourist visits
Additional requirements for underage travellers